The Native Plant Sale! More than 100 species of native perennials, shrubs, and trees grown by the WoW Business member, Possibility Place Nursery!
Rule of thumb for native plant sales; Arrive before the scheduled time for best selection.
A list of NATIVE PLANT NURSERIES may be found at this page: http://willcounty.wildones.org/native-plant-nurseries/
Locate plant pictures at: http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/ True native species have two names only. ‘Cultivars’ have a third name inside apostrophes. (From Wikipedia: A cultivar is a plant or grouping of plants selected for desirable characteristics that can be maintained by propagation. Most cultivars have arisen in cultivation but a few are special selections from the wild.)
- April 23, 2016 11am – 3pm: Geneva Earth Day Celebration at Peck Farm Park 4038 Kaneville Rd., Geneva, IL 60134
- April 30, 2016 10am – 2pm: Goodenow Grove Earth, Wind, and Fire Festival, 27064 S. Dutton Road, north of Goodenow Road in Beecher, IL
- May 7, 2016 8am – 3pm: McDonald Farm Plant Sale at The Conservation Foundation, 10S404 Knoch Knolls Road, Naperville, 60565
- May 14, 2016 10am – 4pm, Gardenology Third & State Streets in Downtown Geneva.
- May 20, 2016 4pm – 8 pm fundraising pre-sale Forest Preserve District of Will County Plant Sale $20 includes an evening of jazz, craft beers, fine wine, artisan cheeses and desserts.
- May 21 9am-3pm Forest Preserve District of Will County Plant Sale “Bringing Nature Home” 17540 W. Laraway Road, Joliet, IL 60433
- May 21 10am-3pm The Blue Stem Earth Festival at the University of St. Francis 500 Wilcox St Joliet, IL 60435
- NOW you’ve got the plants and you’ve planted them. With natives the summer activity is to sit back and enjoy. No need to water, they’re resilient. No need to weed, natives crowd the weeds out. Stay cool.